For additional information and pricing, please contact us.
CAPILLARY PRESSURE SENSOR SYSTEM (CPSS) – CONCRETE
New Technology to avoid Concrete Shrinkage Cracks
KSE Testing Equipment (KSE) is excited to offer the first technology that directly measures capillary pressures in fresh concrete called the Capillary Pressure Sensor System (CPSS). When measuring the capillary pressure during the initial set period after finishing you can avoid shrinkage cracks by adding moisture to the concrete surface as soon as the alarm is triggered by the threshold pressure limit. KSE is the exclusive seller of this system in North America. The complete system includes 4 pressure sensors, Wi-Fi base station, tablet for collecting data and software. On-site support is available. Please click on the ‘Tech Paper’ link at the top of this page to access our technical & research papers related to the CPSS and the technology behind it.
Some important facts about the CPSS:
- The wireless capillary pressure sensors are sending the measured data to the base station via radio transmission (frequency 2.4 GHz, no permission required).
- The maximum radio transmission range of the sensors amounts to at least 60 m.
- With fully charged batteries, the wireless sensors may operate for at least 24 hours.
- The measured data may be displayed in real time and recorded.
The CPSS consists of:
- 4 or 8 wireless sensors for measuring the capillary pressure in the liquid phase of plastic concrete.
- 1 base station that will connect to a computer via USB.
- 4 or 8 charging pads for the wireless charging of the capillary pressure sensors.
- Transport box.
- Filling set.
- User Manual, Quick Guide, and software.